Salaam. There have been many delays in finalizing the MO rules/guidlines. After few arguments we agreed upon these rules and guidlines. But when required, we will edit the rules and let you all know. These rules will be in effect as of Sunday March 11, 2007.
1) Although you don't necessarily have to agree with every opinion, you certainly have to show respect. (Repeating a manner of disrespect will result in a warning being issued.)
2) No insulting or disrespecting any religious figures from any faith. Debate is allowed, but blatant disrespect will will result in a warning being issued.
3) No one has the right to declare someone a 'kaffir' (infidel) because we don't have the ability to look into the hearts of other people. (Failure to comply with this rule will result in a warning being issued)
4) Avoid meddling in Sunni/Shia debates or Sufi/Salafi debates when you don't have any knowledge on them whatsoever. Only constructive debates allowed. Anyone who purposely tries to create divisions on the forum will be suspended.
5) Discussions about breaking copyright infringements such as pirating or ripping off music artists is not allowed on the forum. Anyone seen to be doing this will be suspended.
6) No spamming.
7) Do not post where you are not contributing to a topic. Spamming is a violation of forum rules.
8) We encourage proper spelling and grammar on the forum in order to make every member understand the posts and feel welcomed in each discussion. Therefore avoid slang as much as possible.
9) Do not pick fights or bring up childish arguments in public. If you have an issue between yourselves, then resolve it through PM. The forum needs to maintain a friendly environment.
10) Do not copy and paste information without providing the source. Posting article/poem/story without mentioning source/author is plagiarism. (Failure to provide the source will result in a warning being issued)
11) If you're providing articles or readings which are too long, post atleast 2-3 paragraphs of the article and the rest can be read in the link/source provided.
12) Posting an anti-islamic link or an offensive content will lead to a suspension.
13) Do not swear in public or use explicit/sexual hints or words. (Failure to comply with this rule will result in a warning being issued: disabled 20)
14) In a debate, you are attacking the 'argument'; you are not attacking the 'member' in the debate.
15) We are not in war or have any beef against the West, therefore do not post anything regarding the intention of bombing or killing innocent civilians. If you have such a beef against the West, then you shouldn't really be on this forum.
16) You may disagree with a scholar's opinion, but this doesn't give you the right to insult him/her. (Failure to conform by this rule will result in a light warning being issued.)
17) Any behavior that comes in the way of any dawah opportunities will be removed by the moderator's good judgment
18) Starting a topic in the wrong forum will be moved to the right forum by a moderator or administrator. Please ensure you choose the right forum for the topic intended.
19) Starting a topic of discussion, including any posts that gives a bad name to Islam will result in a warning being issued.
20) Posting a gender personal or sexual topic outside the gender room is not encouraged. We have been given our own gender rooms to discuss more confidential issues and simply have an 'all girl time' or 'all boy time'. (If someone posts anything confidential outside the gender rooms, they will be issued a warning)
21) If a brother/male is found in the sisters section, or a sister/female is found in the brothers section, they will be suspended. (Warning: disabled 10). If this violation is repeated, suspension may result from 20 days to indefinite.). Again, we must maintain a clean and friendly environment on the forum.
22) No form of racism is allowed.
23) Discuss personal conflicts with another member through PM, not in the forums.
24) Bad usernames must be reported to an admin in order to change it to a more appropriate one.
25) Signatures must not link to spam sites, sites that have viruses or spyware.
26) Violent signatures are not allowed.
27) If member are reporting a violation to a moderator or admin, they must provide a link to the reported post/topic
28) Members of the forum should avoid going off-topic.
29) If a member apologizes and promises to abide by the forum rules, then their suspension will be over.
30) Preaching/Debating a Non-Islamic faith is allowed as long as it is posted in the appropriate forum.