QUOTE(GoWithGod @ Jul 27 2007, 03:30 PM)
I am new to these forums so I apologize if I break any rules.
I am compiling a response to the 101 Bible Contradictions but am going to respond to a few of the same type of posts made previous to mine. You challenge anyone to find a contradiction in the Quran. I have done some research & found a few. I am not trying to fight anyone or get into a word battle. I am simply stating what I have discovered. Here are just a few:What was man created from?
Is wine consumption good or bad?
- "Created man, out of a clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
- "We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
- "The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
- "But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
- "He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).
- O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).
- (Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).
- Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25).
Please show me evidence that proves me wrong.
P.S Is there any forum where I can learn more about Islam? I am very intrested.
As for the first half, I am not qualified to refute that.
The second half, however, is just a simple misunderstanding.
Quote # one of part 2 is about this life. You cannot gamble and drink wine as it is a sin.
Quote # two and three of part 2 is about the afterlife! God will reward all those who saved themselves from sins in the life of the living, and allow them to do as they please with halal wine in heaven!
Hope that clears it up for you. ^^