1) Although you don't necessarily have to agree with every opinion, you certainly have to show respect. (Repeating a manner of disrespect will result in a warning being issued.)
2) No insulting or disrespecting Allah (swt), the Prophets or Islam. Similarly, show respect to other religions and faiths to set an example for humanity.
(Failure to do so will result in a warning being issued: disabled 10)
3) Takfir isn't allowed on this forum. No one has the right to declare someone a 'kaffir' because we don't have the ability to look into the hearts of other people. (Failure to comply with this rule will result in a warning being issued)
4) Avoid meddling in Sunni/Shia debates or Sufi/Salafi debates when you don't have any knowledge on them whatsoever. Anyone who purposely tries to create divisions on the forum will be suspended. (Warning: disabled 20)
5) Discussions about breaking copyright infringements such as pirating or ripping off music artists is not allowed on the forum. Anyone seen to be doing this will be suspended. (Warning: disable 30)
6) No spamming or missionary posts. (Warning: disabled 10)
7) Do not post where you are not contributing to a topic. Spamming is a violation of forum rules. (You will be issued a light warning if you do so, however, repeating this violation will result in your posting privileges being disabled for 10 days)
8) We encourage proper spelling and grammar on the forum in order to make every member understand the posts and feel welcomed in each discussion. Therefore avoid slang as much as possible. (Excessive slang or short-hand words such as 'da nyc car' will result in a warning being issued: disable 10)
9) Do not pick fights or bring up childish arguments in public. If you have an issue between yourselves, then resolve it through PM. The forum needs to maintain a friendly environment.
10) Do not copy and paste information without providing the source. Posting article/poem/story without mentioning source/author is plagiarism. (Failure to provide the source will result in a warning being issued and a request for the source immediately. Repeating this violation: disable 5)
11) If you're providing articles or readings which are too long, post atleast 2-3 paragraphs of the article and the rest can be read in the link/source provided.
12) Posting an anti-islamic link or an offensive content will lead to a suspension. (Warn: disable 10)
13) Do not swear in public or use explicit/sexual hints or words. (Failure to comply with this rule will result in a warning being issued: disabled 20)
14) In a debate, you are attacking the 'argument'; you are not attacking the 'member' in the debate. (Whoever begins to attack a member verbally will have his/her posting privileges disabled for 20 days)
15) We are not in war or have any beef against the West, therefore do not post anything regarding the intention of bombing or killing innocent civilians. If you have such a beef against the West, then you shouldn't really be on this forum. (Supporting any civilian killing will result in a warning: disabled 30)
16) You may disagree with a scholar's opinion, but this doesn't give you the right to insult him/her. (Failure to conform by this rule will result in a light warning being issued. Repeat violation: disable 10)
17) Any behavior that comes in the way of any dawah opportunities will be removed by the moderator's good judgment and may result in suspension.
18) Starting a topic in the wrong forum will be moved to the right forum by a moderator or administrator. Please ensure you choose the right forum for the topic intended.
19) Starting a topic of discussion, including any posts that gives a bad name to Islam will result in a warning being issued. (Warning: disable 10)
20) Posting a gender personal or sexual topic outside the gender room is not encouraged. We have been given our own gender rooms to discuss more confidential issues and simply have an 'all girl time' or 'all boy time'. (If someone posts anything confidential outside the gender rooms, they will be issued a warning: disable 10)
21) If a brother/male is found in the sisters section, or a sister/female is found in the brothers section, they will be suspended. (Warning: disabled 10). If this violation is repeated, suspension may result from 20 days to indefinite.). Again, we must maintain a clean and friendly environment on the forum.
22) Do not support un-islamic behavior (Warning: light. If repeated, disable 10)
23) Members must not question moderators or administrators' decisions in public. If there are any issues, discuss it through PM. (Failure to comply with this rule will result in a light warning, repeating this violation over and over again will lead to suspension: disable 10)
24) Bad usernames must be reported to an admin in order to change it to a more appropriate one.
25) Signatures must not promote any other Islamic forum website or contain anti-islamic links or any sort of words that support cults. A light warning will be issued if this rule is violated.
26) Violent signatures are not allowed. (Warning: delete signature and disable 5)
27) If member are reporting a violation to a moderator or admin, they must provide a link to the reported post/topic otherwise they will be issued a light warning.
28) Members of the forum should avoid going off-topic. A light warning will be issued if a person is off-topic.
29) If a member apologizes and promises to abide by the forum rules, then their suspension will be over.
30) You must not preach another faith in the Islamic discussion sections. (Failure to comply by this rule will result in a warning: disable 10)
31) Do not give a wrong meaning of a verse/ayah or provide unauthentic hadith. (Failure to comply by this will result in a light warning being issued and deleting post. If violation repeated, disable 5)
32) Starting a topic intending to post a fatwa should be posted in the 'Islamic Talk' section. If debates are found there, a light warning will be issued. (If a person repeats debates over and over again in the Islamic Talk section instead of the Islamic debates section, they will be suspended for 10 days.)
33) Do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality. (Failure to do so will result in a light warning being issued. If repeated: disable 5)
34) Do not start a topic to re-discuss a closed one (by a moderator or admin). If not complied with, disable 5
35) Meaningless topic title- will be edited and a light warning will be issued.
36) Non-Muslims who consistently attack Muslims or Islam will be issued a warning within their first 30 posts. If they continue this behavior from 50 posts and above, they will be suspended.
37) Do not start a topic which contains a porn image or link. Failure to do so will result in a suspension of 10 days. If consistently repeated, suspension will be indefinite.
38) Try not to post in order to increase post count.
39) Do not use capital letters in any discussion in the Faith Time forums because it can represent shouting. But bold or italic letters will suffice in order to highlight or make an important point.
40) Please remember that we are not scholars therefore Muslim online is not responsible for any opinions posted. However we must maintain quoting clearly from the Qur'an and the authentic hadith, in order to avoid misunderstandings.
Team Rules (Moderators and Admins)
1) All Mods/Admins must agree with our forum rules.
2) Carefully study the Muslim Online rules in order to work efficiently as a team member.
3) Carefully study the moderating tools in order to enforce them efficiently. It is up to the moderators and admins to maintain a clean/friendly environment on the forum if things go wrong, furthermore, we need to keep reminding members of the rules if they ever conflict them.
4) No arguments or conflicts between moderators and administrators in public. All arguments or disagreements should be carried out either in the forthcoming mod/admin staff section or through PM.
5) Do not deal with or handle another moderator's actions. For example if a moderator decides to close a topic or issues a warning, the other moderator should respect that decision and not intervene. If he/she disagrees with that decision, then it must be discussed through PM or the mod/admin staff section. To make this easier, the Admins may intervene to help solve a conflict. Example, if some moderators agree with something and some don't; the admins will choose what's best with complete agreement.
6) Moderators should try not to enforce moderating tools in the topic where they have been actively involved in unless they see violations of the rules. Remember you can also be violating the rules tooÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
7) You can delete a member's post or topic, but you must never edit their posts because we have no rights to do that. The only thing we can edit in a member's post are profane words and anti-islamic links/porn links etc.
8) Moderators and Admins are encouraged to reply and give their 'okay' in areas where it is applicable to them.
9) Forum rules may change or up updated in the future, therefore we must always look into the rules to be up to date with the forum.
10) And last but not least, moderators and admins must not suspend or warn members about something which is not at all listed in the forum rules. Please keep in mind that we are members before moderators and admins. We are like the rest of the members, we must also comply with the forum rules and we are here to befriend every member and maintain a friendly environment. We are only moderators and admins when it is really necessary. Even the members have a say on our decisions or forum rules. Please be advised that in special cases Mods/Admins can sometimes force a rule that's not on this list. Special case, s member posts something and is seen wrong in our community, the mods can remove that post and inform the Admin so the rule can be added or edited.
11) All moderators are encouraged to perform their duties daily. If you do not perform them, the Admins or other mods will take over their duties. You may also get depromoted if you do not keep up with the rules and your duties. And lastly, if you do not sign on for one month, you will be depromoted period.
You are expected to set a good example on the forum:
- watch over every section of the forum and ensure everyone comply with Muslim Online rules
- move any posts to the correct forum if found in an incorrect forum
- ensure that the forum is free from hateful remarks
Moderators must not use their powers to carry out personal issues with other members. Personal issues must always be resolved through PM.
We shouldn't often be in the position to delete threads, hopefully there won't be any such threads which require deleting, and therefore we should aim to close threads instead. However, if you come across a thread which doesn't look positive or good on the forum, you may delete it.
You only close a thread if it's requested by the thread starter; if it's getting out of hand with personal beef or arguments; or if the thread is inappropriate and getting nowhere.
And finally to all members:
- If you feel that you have been treated unjustly or feel the moderators are abusing their powers, then feel free to PM one of the admins.
- You are part of this community like everyone else, if you disagree with the rule(s) please PM one of the admin. When required, Admins will consult with everyone before making a rule.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Bint Zayd and Waqas